IVF VA’A WORLD DISTANCE CHAMPIONSHIP
The International Va’a Federation are excited to announce that we have created a new and exciting event that will commence from 2017. It will be known as the IVF VA’A WORLD DISTANCE CHAMPIONSHIP.
The 2017 Inaugural event will be hosted in Tahiti from June 3 to June 5 2017
The IVF Va’a World Distance Championship is a new event where member countries can compete against each other every 2 years to be crowned IVF World Distance Champions.
The event will be held every two (2) years hosted by a member country – 2017, 2019, 2021 etc…
Bidding for 2019 onwards:
The host for the 2019 IVF Va’a World Distance Championship will be determined through a bidding process that will take place in 2017. Bidding documents will be made available to member countries in late 2016.
Events and Divisions confirmed for 2017:
Distance: Approx. 25km to 30km
1 x Open Men V6
1 x Open Women V6
1 x J19 Male V6
1 x J19 Female V6
1 x Master 40 Male V6
1 x Master 40 Female V6
1 x Open Male V1
1 x Open Female V1
1 x J19 Male V1
1 x J19 Female V1
1 x Master 40 Male V1
1 x Master 40 Female V1
Proposed racing format (To be confirmed)
Tentative format as below:
Saturday Morning: Women’s V6
Saturday Afternoon: Men’s V1
Monday Morning: Women’s V1
Monday Afternoon: Men’s V6
There will be awards for each event category (1st, 2nd & 3rd)
There will also be an overall Country World Distance Award (1st, 2nd & 3rd)-
Calculated on the combined points of countries teams across all events:
(Points table to be determined)
Cost: Entry fee
$100USD per paddler – Entry fee covers canoe and event safety.
Information and invitations to Member Countries for the 2017 Inaugural IVF Va’a World Distance Championship will be sent early 2016.
The current Marathon Rules will be updated over the next few months and those rules will govern all IVF Distance Racing events.
Should you have any questions please sent to Linda@ivfiv.org
International Va’a Federation
IVF 2016 WORLD ELITE AND CLUB SPRINT CHAMPIONSHIPS
The international Va’a Federation is pleased to invite the membership of the IVF to participate in the 2016 Va’a World Sprint Championships. The event will be held at the Lake Kawana in the Sunshine Coast of Australia. Our host is the Australian Outrigger Canoe Racing Association (AOCRA) (www.aocra.com.au)
The Event website is now live and a link to it can be found at: http://www.worldsprints.com/ This website contains information about the venue, accommodation, local activities and all logistics associated with the event.
The dates for the event will be from 5th to 15th May 2016. The draft programme of events can be found here (http://www.vaaworldsprints.com/program.html ). We are working towards this draft schedule but please note that it is subject to change due to final entry confirmations.
The racing program detail will be provided approximately one week prior to the beginning of racing.
The Online entries for the event will be done through the http://www.worldsprints.com/ website and Online entries will be available from 1 September 2015.
World Elite and World Club Championship
For the first time in our sports history we are introducing a World Elite Championship and a World Club Championship. Please ensure you are familiar with the rules associated with each event.
This new structure provides our sport with more opportunities for development and participation at a club level whilst also providing a pathway for elite representation for member countries.
Summary overview of each championship:
WORLD ELITE CHAMPIONSHIP
- Teams will be representing their IVF Member country/region
- Countries may enter 1 team per category.
- Only the following categories will be recognised:
– Junior Development (J19) male & female 500m & 1000m
– Elite (Open) male and female 500m & 1500m
- Countries may enter 1 x V12 team per gender
- Countries may enter 3 x V1 paddlers per category (all categories J16 to M70)
- Countries can earn up to a maximum of 6 x V1 entries total based on the number of medalists in the previous World Sprints. One medal allows four entries, two medals allow five entries and three medals allow six entries. Here is a Link to the V1 Quota for 2016 – http://www.worldsprints.com/events–quota.html
- At the World Elite Championship, uniform should be a national uniform of the County/Region
WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP
- The number of entries allowed by each member in the World Club Championship event are as follows:
– V6 events: 6 entries per category U16 to Master 70
– V12 events: 3 entries per category U16 to Master 70
- Elite paddlers may participate in both Elite and Club racing
- Any Club team V6 may contain no more than 3 paddlers who participated in the World Elite Championship
- Any Club team V12 may contain no more than 6 paddlers who participated in the World Elite Championship.
- Each IVF Country/Region must confirm that the club teams entered are in fact members of bonafide clubs within their country. Club teams are defined at the discretion of the IVF member country.
- At the World Club Championship, uniform may be representative of the IVF member region or club.
Updated Race Rules can be found here: IVF Race Rules (SPRINTS)
We look forward to your participation at the 2016 World Elite and World Club Va’a Sprint Championships.
Any questions please don’t hesitate to contact: